Saturday, March 1, 2008

Not sure how to classify this past week...

First off I got in touch with my redneck self by going to a NASCAR race--yep I and a friend skipped out a half day of work on Monday to go see the race. It actually was left over from the previous Saturday but they had so much rain that it got postponed to Monday and since he already had tickets.....Never been to any type of car race and everything worked out so why not? It was a fun way to start the week.

Then on Wednesday I got new wires on my teeth and now my chewing ability has been compromised....not in nearly in as much pain as I was....
Had another not so happy thing happen too which ruined my mood on Thursday but not going to discuss here...but lets say the yarn that D-fly sent me took the edge off....

Gorgeous mohair--I don't know how to describe the color but I LUV it. It will become some type of wrap based on this pattern by Astridknits. Will be adding irridescent black beads cause well I think it should.... (btw for a better look at the colors in this yarn-click on the pic to see a larger view)
Oh the joy of Ravelry....


Then Regia in this candy colored rainbow cause she's trying to tell me that I need to do toe-up Jaywalkers.....evil enabler that she is.....but sock yarn does not count as stash.


I did get to have some fun on Thur at work... Tim has been bugging me daily for a skull....now legally this can not be done but when you have a mother who is crafty and well not your typical mom....one can come up with a plan to 'create' a skull.....She made one a long time ago which we used one year to create a haunted car (it was a hit that year in our neighborhood).


Thought one like it would be perfect and she was able to find online, order, paint up and send (crafty non-typical moms are a good thing to have). She even got a mate for her original skull. I included a note saying "From the dusty corners of a far off land, I come to you so that I can help ponder the great mysteries of life oh Great One....."
The skull was a perfect surprise and he is thrilled with his 'find'


Starting up on getting comfortable with the whole driving thing today. A co-worker has agreed to help me out on Saturdays since she teaches a lab course on Saturdays at the local community college so she's already in the neighborhood. And she already told me that I'm fine just need to be more comfortable and thats exactly right.

And the knitting magic continues.....(I really am amazed what two sticks and strings can create....) I have a heel on another sock! Look at that!


And no the Clapotis is not long enough (its 61 or so inches at the moment)....I know you thing I'm nuts to keep knitting it but I want it to be long enough that I can dramatically wrap it around me.....

And just to gloat a bit....Its spring here. Actually its nice having the almond tree outside my window-blooming trees are one of my favorite things of spring and don't get too many of those in a desert.....


And one last thing if you are still reading that is....I'm going to advertise a band, SweetSize granted they only play locally in S CA but they are fun-punk/reggae/rock...Its Tim's son and son-in-law's band and I finally checked them out via their MySpace page. Only have a few songs on there but I think they are all good.....
(Btw--if you like them, they are on iTunes....)

1 comment:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

aw, but if you didn't have the Milwaukee Enabler, you wouldn't get surprise yarn in the mail! And the mohair was calling out saying "send me to the desert, send me to the desert"

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)