Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life IS okay and I'm doing quite fine thank you

Friday was a good day. Not a perfect or an ideal day but a good day nonetheless. It was one of those days that remind you that you are on the right path whether its career, personal or whatever. A day that reminds you that you are a good decent person and people appreciate you and what you do. Thats what my Friday was. Nothing big but the little things can speak volumes. And its amazing how much better the day is when the negative energy is tuned out (can't really go into what that energy is and why....but lets say it can really weigh me down)

I was a bit more assertive and got flat screen monitors in my office (new ones and a good size-its awesome). Next on the agenda? A good color printer for the office-a new one would be preferred....Then an over haul on our network internet system.....Oh yes I have plans....

The TL Savings and Loan's is back in business (family nickname for my savings and later checking acct-I don't spend my money....) so I can pay for my Aprilla scooter and I got me an Ipod nano in blue (once in awhile one should spend money on frivolous things for themselves....)

I finished a sock! So two pairs of hand knitted socks!

The baby Kimono is going along quite well (although I should have thought of the whole curling with stockinette....oh well)

I'm making another friend--there is a young gal that is an intern for my Dept and I met her yesterday and she lives in my apt complex. She asked outright if I had a TV and if she could watch a motorcycle race tomorrow afternoon. She's a biker chick-owns her own very fast bike-crotch rocket is the term.....

I am getting a 1915 edition of Little Women from a from a friend of mine and mom's. She has decided that I am her deserving female 'family' member to pass these items too. I already got a pendent from her. This book was given to her by her mom. And what's even better is that this is one of mine (and D-fly's) favorite books-we have read this many many times.

And a current friend-my companionship is all that is wanted....doesn't expect anything more even though he schleps me all over (including this coming Tues to the eye doctor). Feel quite valued as a person for that.....So I'm giving him a plant. Actually its a cutting off a plant that still is at the parents house (and one of the ones that a now very big Tubble has squished....) Been growing these two and another one for a few years. These two were really stretching their pot so time to transplant. Look how nice it looks--minute later a certain Felix pulled one of the succulents right out.....Brat.


And my next adventure? Hand-dyeing yarn with kool-aid....why? I don't know.... But there will be pictures! And you and you probably will inherit some of the experiments.....I have a feeling that this won't be a one time deal and I will get much fun out of it.....

Well I hope you have a good day like my Friday! Craft on y'all

No comments:

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)