Sunday, March 23, 2008

So I was good for a week....

I did not cast on any new projects after I finished the Clapotis all week (and trust me I have a few waiting in the wings). I worked on my travel sock during commute time (and it now has a heel)

And I worked on this scarf. I started it last year but it got set aside for other projects...Its for a cousin but I rarely see or hear from her that I'm not in a rush to get it done but still should get done....Well this past week I was a good girl and I did work on it


Except now I want to make these super adorable baby Kimono sweaters and D-fly Sis and Cami found me this lovely verigated yarn and I just had to cast on one of them....Have to make sure its done in time and to make perhaps matching booties and hats....












And D-fly saw this lost lonely skein of yarn and she couldn't leave it behind....so it too will become a hat and booty set

And of course the enabler she is-D-fly sent along some more sock yarn....so vibrant and plumlicious. Jitterbug sock yarn

And then I participated in a swap via Ravelry with the Monty Python group....I got a coffee themed group. Brown DK Encore yarn with blue flecks (really like those flecks in there....), tiger eye beads and blue shell beads and of course coffee....can't be coffee themed w/o the coffee....


And for my swappie- I went with a rainbow theme....Northernlights - Bearfoot by Mountain Colors and rainbow stitch markers.


And now for non-knitting related news....I did my good deed for the day today. With some help, I was able to return two very friendly puppy dogs to their rightful owners. These dogs were so super friendly and playful and beautiful that I could not stand them not being returned. However, this town is so human orientated. No concern for the safety of the pets only of the humans. So maddening... Least in this case the dogs were thought of first. Dad and daughter were quite happy to see their rambunctious duo back

1 comment:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

ok, you have to tell me when you blog cuz I'm way behind on blog reading, even for my own sis!

I didn't even know you got Clappy-thing done!

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)