Sunday, March 16, 2008

The weekly ramble....

I actually finished something! A knitted something! Thats right the Clapotis is complete, blocked, dried, and ready to wear. It indeed up being a long one (7 feet exact) but it wraps around me quite nicely and it condenses down enough that it makes a very nice scarf for more 'casual' outings.

And since I haven't been having too much problems with being car sick on the commute bus....I'm making good progress on the second travel sock (sorry no current pics, perhaps next week). This is good cause I will be doing a Nutkins KAL via Ravelry next month and of course I have my Tendril Embrace socks from my March edition of Keegan Lane Yarns Spring Flick '08 sock club (and two more patterns and yarn coming).... Then there are those Jaywalkers with yarn a certain enabler sent me.... And then starting in May I will be getting yarn for the Punk Sock Club via Lotus Yarns (sign up is on her blog)
Good thing is that next month I will be in Burbank for an Archaeology conference (which I need to write a paper for and present! Egads! In front of professionals! Lets just say I'm a bit freaked out....) and there will be lots of sitting and listening to talks, perfect knitting time of socks.....

And for other related knitty items.....been busy in my other craft adventures. Promised Sis some teeny stitch markers after she liked Cami's so well and I finally got them done....and even made a pretty card to go with. Tigger Tiger liked the sparkley brads.













In the process of making something for my Monty Python secret swapper so I can't show what I made for her yet.....

And just for fun-a picture of my Felix who likes to be near his human mama that he will curl up in my bag when I'm at the computer. Actually today he decided to lie in the middle of what I'm doing.....

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Your Clapotis looks lovely!!

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Clappy thing came out very pretty.

and the enabler thinks you have plenty of yarn and that she needs to not send you any until you get a chance to maybe catch up a wee bit... unless something starts yelling "send me to the desert". It does that sometimes....

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)