Sunday, April 6, 2008

Not as planned....

I did get new yarn, my Ipod, a driving lesson, played with Kool-aid dyeing....
But the weekend didn't quite go as planned....

Didn't start my new book, Atonement (although did finish the new Yarn Harlot that D-fly got for me....), no actual knitting was completed (do have the rest of Sunday here....so should get some done in the end), didn't get to the library so not as much got done for my presentation thats in less than two weeks....(although D-fly checked and I wouldn't have gotten what I needed anyway.... did get a bit done with what I have with me though), Ipod decided NOT to work-thought I broke it in the first hour I got it (its fine now and according to Sis, hers was a bugger to get going too....), ended up with a very tangled mess of yarn...I don't know what I did but I was up til 1:30 am fixing it (and it's now a lovely cake of yarn...)

And added one--trying to do this I hit that damn button on my tower and turn my computer off--seriously, barely hit the thing and my computer turns off. Really Really annoyed with this weekend....Like I should have hid in a hole somewhere....
But I did get some things done.....despite the frustration involved. Some good things even....

I did get some new pieces of clothing to add to my existing wardrobe, and some of these pieces will create some good outfits for my archaeology conference. Effie, one of my driving teachers, needed to run some errands so we hit the Super 'Tar-Jay'. Might still need a pair of shoes though....
With this I got to drive with cars in parking lots where you have no idea what people are going to do and then on the streets with everyone out for Saturday afternoon of shopping....and I drove on the Interstate.... Not perfect but overall I think I am getting used to this driving thing, and a good thing too....
(Got to tool around the area where I work too with one of the other gals from my company in her Nissan Xterra this past week as well and should do so again this week)

My little blue Ipod has happily synchronized and have over 15 hours of music (253 songs so far!....) And I haven't finished uploading all my CD's yet....a bit time consuming....and my favorites are actually at work...

I started down the path of Kool-aid dyeing! (following these instructions--she has it laid out pretty good) Did the pooling technique....while both my first experiments look pretty good and should knit up interestingly....didn't get all the yarn dyed. Will attempt the more direct hand-dyeing method next weekend and I think that will get more of the result I want, that it really does take a lot of Kool-aid....
(will have to order more bare yarn too....)

First while in process of being dyed...















Then the end products.....













I used lime-aid and the berry lemonade for the one and the other I used Black Cherry, Grape and some Lemonade.

Did get some knitting done earlier in the week. Finally started on my Spring Fling March '08 sock. Its my first cuff down (wanted to do the pattern as is). It really is an easy pattern ('cept when I'm tired...then I lose my place....) and I LUV the yarn! Very enamored with this sock....


Also made some more progress on the Kimono, not a lot but I did start one of the front halves (and one sleeve is done....)


And here is the other yarn I ordered for myself....

Some of the new Felici self striping sock yarn from Knit Picks










Their Andean Silk yarn in Lettuce green--going to be a Mrs Darcy Cardigan --well it will be at some point....


Other news--did get new glasses picked out, should get them this week. They are in b/t magenta and maroon (good with my green eyes). First time in a long time that was able to find a color. My buddy happily schlepped me to my appt--he got to hang out at B&N in the music section than chat with fellow motorcyclists....

And it really is spring out here in the desert! Blooming flowers! Lots of them! Pics of a few of them here. (Got to accompany along a mini tour with boss and the president of our company. He was like a little kid with all the pretty rocks.... We are the 'fun' dept so they are going to send him to our bldg every time he visits)











We visited a really pretty location within my work area, called Pink Canyon--didn't download the pics yet so y'all have to wait (Indian paint brush was blooming up in this canyon!--such a pretty red....)

And an added item--did these last weekend but wanted to make sure they were received first...

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

I love the yarn you dyed! I bet the koolade smells awesome!

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

blogger is not liking me

I like the purple/pink. For a first try, I think they look great.

who were the cards for?

camillaknits said...

Hey, I re-cog-a-nize that card on the left... it's been planted on the island for days now. Kool-aid dyed yarn always smells friuty/vinegary. I did some grape yarn for Maddie when she was about four. We stuffed it into a jar and watched as the yarn sucked up all the color. Verrry cool... practically magic. Hope your knitting speed improves so work isn't such an impediment to getting those pretty socks and baby things done *quick*... more pics soon, please. (No pressure.) And dare I comment on the DRIVING??? yay, you!

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)