Sunday, April 13, 2008

I knitted, I frogged, I survived....

Darn brain not being able to read charts and patterns together.... Got two inches or so beyond the toe of my Nutkins sock and it was not looking right at all....

I frogged back to the toe and with the help of D-fly, I determined what the heck I was doing wrong.... All is well now and it is turning out to be a very pretty sock. I won't be able to wait to wear these socks when they are finished, course I probably will get them done in the middle of desert 100+ degree summer....so I will have to wait awhile....


Other sock going along much better.....I turned the heel on it. My first cuff down with heel flap.












Baby kimono sweater moving along....Should be further but alas two socks have been distracting me.....I did complete the one side front.


Not much else going on beyond work....I don't even know what I have been busy with...but I'm running around a lot with the boss.....Have my presentation almost ready to go. Few details and it will be ready (don't know about me, however....)

I have new glasses--they are a dark red/maroon. No one has noticed....they are similar to my old pair but they area a color for goodness sakes.....ah well sometimes people just don't notice right away....

Oh and 'power chains' for braces....horrible things....my mouth was in pain for a day and a half.

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Do we get to see pictures of these lovely new frames? And OW! I feel ya on the power chain. I had those when I had braces and I always made ibuprofen my best friend on those days.

Lovely socks and kimono!!

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)