Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I wore them all day!

I have successfully knitted my first PAIR of socks! Had to resist the urge of taking my shoes off and saying "Look! Look at my socks! I knitted them...." Although I did show my boss/friend but she actually cares (and is impressed).












I did start another sock (really I think I might be heading down a dangerous path here....). Have the toe completed. The yarn is knitting up beautifully and soft! (Bearfoot in Sun River). Going to knit a cable pattern up the foot and cuff so that will be interesting.....


Not much other knitting--waiting for some supplies to come so I can cast on some of my other projects so until then I will stick with my socks....
And not much else going on either....visited Godmother this past weekend down in Long Beach since I had Monday off. More a change of scenery.....

3 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

ooh, a thong! *tease*

knitter in the desert said...

It does look like a thong....ah well

camillaknits said...

welcome to the dark side... you are now a knitter of socks. Your world will now revolve around scoring the perfect pair of shoes to highlight your new skill set. Crocs 'maryjanes' are a delightful option, btw. And very good work, getting second-sock cast on pronto.

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)