Sunday, February 3, 2008

Can someone pass me a Duck Fart?

Well besides working 6 days in a row this past week with 5 being out in the cold windy desert hiking over rough terrain....Both my credit card and debit card numbers got stolen and $1700 were charged to a Mobile Bee website. The credit card was easy enough to take care of but Debit cards....ugh. Good news is that I think its taken care of now. Paperwork is on its way for me to sign so the claim can be officially filed. Now just need my new cards-kinda hard to function in life w/o them or cash....have a checkbook thank goodness but still.
How did this happen? My stupidity.... Bought a Greyhound ticket at the Long Beach location to return home on the 21st and like a idiot I left my purse on the counter. I believe the employee at the ticket counter wrote down prevelant info from my purse for use later. I think this happened because the charges went thru the 22nd and 23rd and he didn't chase me down right away with the purse--nope he 'looked' for its owner when I was in line about to leave 'bout a half hour later....

Lets look at the lovely yarn that D-fly sis sent to me hmmm?


This yarn is from Cascade Yarns, the heather collection. This will become Dahlia. I thought it looks quite cute and I will have just enough yarn!













Frog Tree Alpalca! The lavender shall become a hat for the Best CatSitter ever friend-matches the scarf I already made her pretty well. The turquouise will be come a hat and scarf set for WI friend that was so thrilled with her last set. Figure this way she will have a 'cool' and a 'warm' set. The multi color will become some type of hat for me so when I am out in this really cold windy weather again on top of mountain ridges...I will be a bit warmer

While work was very exhausting this week--it was the type of work that I went to school for 7 years. Wandering around documenting and recording sites. My boss hired a historian to help us with all of our mine sites and they are going to write up a report on them. I got to go along for the ride and take a lot of pictures....
Although Friday we found something that we weren't all that thrilled about. Uxeploded ordinances (UXO's)-new ones, lots of them. Right in a main section of a site we are documenting. This is after Boss and Historian witnessed an accident on the way into work that ended with a fatality. The now dead guy for some reason decided to turn into the side of a semi and get his car chewed up and spit out. Now the truck driver according to Boss and Historian did a fabulous job of getting his semi under control WITH blown tires and a bent axial. Lets just say it was a very weird day, Friday.....
Get to head out to the field tomorrow and it looks like its going to be a chilly day for us in the mountains again....

And how 'bout some pics of the yarn that I bought for myself?


First Knit Picks yarn (the other color I got is down below). This one will be socks or course-no fancy patterns....its the Essential yarn in Peacock Multi













Now Lotus Yarn! I got Walking with Ghost Aura which is even more sparkely in person. Its going to be a wrap/stole with beading to make it even more sparkely. The other is Bloodflowers which will be some type of patterned socks.....

Even after all of this--I actually did get some knitting in. Been making some good progress on the Clapotis. This has been a great project in the evenings in that I can set it down and come back to it w/o really losing where I am at. Pics of it before the drop stitch part of the pattern and what it looks like up to today.











The sock that I have been working on--since it does require more concentration-its strictly been a weekend project. Have made some progress on it and I think its looking quite pretty. Even with a little fluffy Boo taking off with the sock....He looks to be the sweet kitten of the two boys but he's the bratty one....
The cable pattern doesn't show up all that well--it is subtle. Have a pic of the bottom of the sock just to show how the yarn 'puddles' on its own.













And for my take with me project--yep another sock. I needed something to knit while I wait for my orthodontic appt, my coffee evenings with a friend of mine...waiting for whatever where ever. Its easy knitting and its small (Its the other Knit Picks Essential yarn in Riverbed Multi)


And today it was a very very windy day--almost lost power and the internet was going on the blink too. But Felix was having fun chasing the leaves thru the patio door....


And just for an added bonus-my co-worker found this NPR audiocast online and thought I would be interested. Quite entertaining and now intrigued by this knittery tagging phenomenon.....

And now I'm going to go back and knit my cabled sock and watch the Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet....

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Look at all your prettiness! Love your toe ups!!

camillaknits said...

Tag. Love the pretty pink toe-up socks-in-progress... have fun with the meme-thingie. C

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

you're double tagged... I don't know that many people with blogs!

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)