Saturday, February 9, 2008

How 'bout chocolate? (and response to being tagged)

Ugh this past week was just as exhausting (and a little stressful).....course I only had one day to rest up b/t the two weeks.

I did get chocolate though--rich chocolate ice cream with brownies and fudge sauce. Along with coffee, knitting, and some really good company. My coffee evenings with my friend, Tim, and my knitting do help me unwind (but not the sock!--oh the puns....).


And here is said sock--been making some progress on it--also knitted while waiting for Boss and I to give a quick presentation to the FRG on base (they do support of variety of ways for the soldiers and their families). With FRG's help, we are showcasing the archaeology and how they can get involved.
Knitted earlier today while waiting to get my hair trimmed up--nothing exciting just neatening of existing haircut (debating about coloring....I did the blond highlights but I really like the complex dark colors.....say mahogany colorway....)

Other good news is that I am now on Ravelry! Yeah! Been adding stash and projects slowly--adding more as I type

Also-I never posted pics of Wisp after I finished it. So here we go. I will have a picture of me wearing it which at some point will go on my Ravelry page..... I do love this thing though--it is soooo soft---love love LUV mohair!












Along with this post I will respond to being tagged by both Cami and D-fly.....I can't tag anyone back cause well we would have this vicious circle so I will provide the info but thats it....

Factoid #1
HUGE X-Files fan.....yep got posters, books, t-shirts, even Barbie and Ken as Mulder and Scully (they were a b-day present from the family). I can't WAIT for the new movie that actually is in the works.

Factoid #2
I rock climb--okay haven't done it recently.....and for the most part it has been indoor rock climbing but I have done outdoor climbing. Started in college and I was hooked. There is no better feeling for me when I finally conquer a really tough climb-makes me feel powerful ie here me roar feeling. You get the idea....

Factoid #3
My Jewishness--Ok most of you know that I'm actually a sorta practicing Jew......but the tidbit part is that I got quite involved in college-rediscovered my religion. I even went thru the conversion process (family is Reform and its Dad's side thats Jewish so this synagogue being Conservative didn't recognize my Jewish line-needs to be passed thru the mother). Along with answering the "100 questions", starting to learn Hebrew (not easy.....), I did a mikvah. That was a very interesting experience. You have to be buck naked (no jewelry, no nail polish, just you al natural....). With men the three Rabbis are in the room with you but women they are right outside (you say prayers as you dunk yourself three times in what was very very cold water.... I did have two mikvah ladies with me (they were my Hebrew teachers actually). Its hard to explain how vulnerable and out there you are doing this but it was good too....

Factoid #4
I have actually travelled outside the US. For my fieldschool for my undergraduate degree of Archaeology-I went to Belize and excavated at a Mayan site. This was the best damn trip of my life. It was only for a month and I wiped out my savings to do it but it was worth every single penny. It was FABULOUS! I have pics but they are the old fashioned prints-should scan them and share a few....no scanner though....

Factoid #5
Am I supposed to be a mother? Okay this isn't really a fact but both Boss and now the guest historian we had here (who is a non gay guy btw) said I would make a good mom. Apparently I have this nurturing thing goin on....
Will admit that pesky bio clock has started to tick on me again (I will be turning 30 in the spring) but I have decided that I refuse to 'plan' this stuff w/in a tight constrained timeline. Kids and marriage should happen when they are meant to happen. So okay #5 is more factoid viewpoint than factoid on my life...

"sigh" need two more.....
Factoid #6
Other odd stuff I collect and like--Animaniacs by WarnerBrothers. D-fly got me 2 collections of cartoons....only watched half of one of them.....I have stuff animals of Yakko Wakko and Dot. Wakko is my favorite (Faboo!)
Mystery Science Theater 3000. And I get to re-enjoy. Tim has lent me one of his collections and I have more saved for my Dvd's in the mail.
Dr Who.....so excited that BBC decided to bring it back and the current Doctor is great. Going to start watching the spinoff series Torchwood here soon (Dvd in the mail....great system)
Monty Python....saw the Broadway play with Mom and Dad in Chicago. It was Faboo!
So yeah I am a nerd with weird sense of humor....thats the point of this factoid.....

Factoid #7
What else is there? Ok-the most difficult job I've had--asst manager in a restaurant. Worked at the restaurant for almost two years, did the manager stunt for 'bout a month. For some people this is not a bad job, even going to school for it-for me thats not true....Its stressful, exhausting, and difficult. But I do have a greater appreciation for all the waitresses and waiters out there. Unless they are really bad--they deserve tips and our respect. It is not an easy job and many times its thankless.

Okay thats the best I can do. And I'm not tagging anyone....know so few of you in the blogging world....

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

biological clock ticking? Warn me so I have time to move closer! *tease*

melly~ said...

Ok, I hope you all enjoy reading mine as much as I'm enjoying yours!

The wisp is lovely! And your socks look great too!

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)