Sunday, February 17, 2008

Its all about the food Baby....& making new friends

Social weekend for me....its exhausting. We have monthly potlucks for work (Public Works dept) and admin asst/cat sitter and I decided to have them at the curation bldg once in awhile cause well our bldg is better for such things. So our 'Valentine' edition was at our bldg.
And look at my pretty fruit salad.....


Making a knitting friend--thats right one of the new co-workers is a knitter.....and she and cat sitter are pregnant-month apart!

And yesterday evening I went to a dinner party. Friend/boss and her husband threw this party at another friends house for a different friend (you follow that?) Actually the purpose for them was that they want all their friends to be friends with each other especially since now we all represent three different agencies that take care and make use of the desert. Easier to get things done when you have friend in the other agency.
And I did make a friend....he needed an ear and I was able to provide one. (and why don't they make more guys like him d*** it, the girl he's in love with has this wonderful man that is willing to take care of her forever)
So while no "Mr Rights" for me (there could be a Mr OK.....) I say it was a good evening professionally and personally

And my sweet herbed mixed nuts went over well


And hey look I did get knitting done! My Clapotis is slowly growing--think its half way done now....


My latticed cable sock has another full repeat and its looking good....
Travel sock is growing too (and dopey me--I realized I'm actually getting a pattern then got all excited....)

Alright there is my weekly post for my blog....Think I am going to try to blog once a week....been doing good these past few weeks....

1 comment:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

the clappy thing that I can't pronounce no matter how hard I try is looking good. You'll have to take some close-up pictures too. (I'm a sucker for looking at the stitches I've discovered)

Socks are coming out well. Now you'll have to try two at once *tease*

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)