Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh the yummy yummy yarn.....

Since I got stuck with pukey nephew yesterday (good thing though-otherwise Sis couldn't go to her lunch) we went yarn shopping! First the Loop which we did go to thier old location when I was out here early Sept. Then onto Ruhamas....

First group from the Loop--I too got Misty Alpaca in a blue/purple verigated color which is going to become a diagonal rib scarf for a new friend who is being the best kitty sitter ever. Even my shy little Boo comes out to see her for playtime and lovies. The other skeins are Alpaca Silk by Blue Sky. Got peacock, black (night is the official color name) and plum which will become some type of striped lacey wrap of some sort with beads.... They are supersoft and they look really pretty together....

Now for the Ruhamas group! Got this pink and orange ribbon yarn (Duet by artful Yarns) because of this pattern that Sis found....Looks like a good top for me in the desert and this was knitted up at the shop and it looked quite nice. Then there is that bright pink and orange sock yarn-Bearfoot by Mountain Colors-Hand Painted Yarns called Sun River.....Think I'm heading down a dangerous path sock wise..... And speaking of socks since Sis has mentioned that I have started on the cuff well I suppose I should post new pics of my elf sock but its fitting wonderfully! despite lookin a little silly when off my foot....


Hard to tell its an elf sock in this pic....but it really does look like one

And there it is on my foot-doesn't look elfish at all when on my wierd pointy toed foot.... Have 'bout two inches of the cuff done--going to knit til I run out of my half skein but its almost a complete sock! That fits! Yeah me!

No comments:

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)