Sunday, January 13, 2008

Look! Its a.......a......a Sock!













And the start of its mate! I casted on the toe all by myself! Finished said sock while watching Waiting for Guffman and then a Mystery Science 3k episode. Have a friend who is happily lending me his DVD's and books....

I'm now mentally determining what type of socks I want to knit next.....May have gone down a dangerous path.....

Did finish the diagonal rib scarf as a being such a great Kitty sitter that even shy little Boo came out to play present. Recipient was very happy with her scarf and put it on immediately and noted the softness of said scarf.


D-fly sis dropped off present for another friend when she went to the parents house this weekend. Friend was thrilled with her scarf and hat set and couldn't wait to wear them-planning on wearing them that evening when she left work. Apparently she is a big lover of scarfs and hats....will have to keep that in mind. Made the set cause the past few months have been a bit rough and turbulent for her and I felt she needed something hand-made, warm and cozy (It was the unoriginal hat by Yarn Harlot and I did a matching scarf with the cable pattern).



And just so you all can see Cami's teensy stitch markers that I made for her as a Thank you for letting us stay with her and her herd.


Cute kitty pictures! Haven't done any recently.....aren't the boys so cute peaking out of the laundry basket? And then their very fluffy pretty mama all curled up for a nap.










Okay now off to do research for a paper/presentation that I am writing for Society of CA Archaeology (SCA) Annual Meeting in April before I go back to the knitting..... I did rough out an abstract already which is good since thats due before end of the month....

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Very pretty. Did you take any close-ups of stitch patterns?

knitter in the desert said...

Of the diagonal scarf I did....not the other....

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)