Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm quirky with an European flair....

Why? Cause of this....


Yep he made it safe and sound....my Scarabeo 200 Aprilia scooter.... Need to practice starting and stopping but I'm okay once going! He still needs his mirrors and windshield to be attatched but I don't have directions on how to do that (in the mail...). And he needs to be cleaned (darn sprinklers) and a cover (protect him from the evil sprinklers).
And boy am I grateful to have really good friends that are willing to meet at Home Depot to unload a scooter and take it back to my apt.... Be baking some brownies from scratch for one of these people here soon (course I think her son and beau will be the ones eating them....but thats okay)

And I saw this on Cami's blog then Miss Melly did it too.... and I just had to do it myself...

Mosaic of me....

And apparently I can knit a baby hat in 24 hrs...who knew?


Started another baby item and have the back done--another baby kimono...










And my enabler of Milwaukee is sending me non-yarn knittery related items now....


Specially designed for the desert knitter.... (actually Karat Stix made a lovely custom collection for dragonfly....)

Sad note...last of the Keegan Spring Fling yarn.... and its a purty one too...


Really need to get some more socks knitted....

And just to show off my non-knitting crafts...made some goodies as part of the Teal Appeal swap via Ravelry.... Made a row counter bracelet with matching stitch-markers (also sent some lovely teal/ocean blue yarn of Keegan Lane)













Card that held them and the bracelet... Recipient was quite happy and I'm happy she liked them (wore the bracelet immediately)

Uh I think thats it....going to eat then make some brownies....

ETA--Forgot! Will be going on a date! And get to go rock climbing again!

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Wow a scooter now can you visit to sit and knit at edwards? a rock climbing date sounds like fun:)Hugs Darcy

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)