Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting settled in my new place....

Okay-not a fan of gambling, don't go 'clubbing' and the shows are a bit out of my budget. Vegas was never on my list of places to move too.... but it is a HUGE upgrade from where I was. Once you are away from downtown-you could be in any suburb in the SW or southern CA or the Inland Empire of CA.... I have a Trader Joe's near me (actually TWO), way more choices of restaurants in my neighborhood than ALL of Barstow... A knitting shop 10 min away! (Gail Knits btw), in general there is STUFF.

Condo is much better than my last apt. In space that is (I actually had a pretty good apt in Barstow-just was tiny) I can have things organized and accessible here.... like crafts and my yarn! The joys of a second closet..... Bought sweater closet things-perfect for organizing yarn (by color theme of course....)

Also the benefits of a larger place-I can block lace! And keep kitties out! Used my master bedroom this time around since it has nothing in it cept a pile of clothes.... (btw this is part of the Keegan Lane's 'A Club for All Seasons-this was the summer edition called 'Home Team.' Knitted it up into the Kernal scarf)
























And of course my kitties have room to roam and zoom and dart (stairs are good for that....) and check out the new scenery

2 comments:

Lilacs 4 Angels said...

Glad to see you are getting settled in. Your yarn looks very happy in their new home.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I nominated you for a Liebster award, you can see it on my latest blog posting, or see in the podcast. I am hoping you'll keep posting on your blog now and then.

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)