Saturday, June 13, 2009

WWKIP 2009!

I went somewhere where there were other knitters! I sat and knitted while other knitters knitted! Okay I don't get to do that here...

Finally got up to Bakersfield to meet up w/the once a month Saturday gathering normally at DoubleTree. It was the Kings-Tulare-Kern group of Ravelry and Suzanne did a lovely job organizing the outing including personalized nametags!

She also brought this community blanket-everyone and anyone can knit on it and as you can see 4 people knit on it at the same time-pretty cool.... It will be donated once its completed.... There are more pics of the gathering at the group's Flickr page

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

We loved meeting you too. Your Curve of Pursuit blanket is beautiful.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

What is the purple knitting you guys are staring at so intently?

Wish I had made it to WWKIP

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)