Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A quickie.....my organic knitting project

Well I was going to work on the baby blanket during my travels this holiday.....but realized I was using non-carry on needles for this particular project.....
So instead going to work on a x-mas present for a family friend. Couple years ago I knitted her a pink lacey scarf complete with beaded fringe. Well according to mom, last winter its gettin a little ratty lookin so going to knit her a new and different pink lacey scarf which will have fringe and perhaps beads as well.....
Its an interesting pattern....actually I am knitting a lace pattern til its long enough to be a scarf. Pattern is from The Harmony Guides 450 Knitting Stitches: Volume 2. I'm using Volume 1 to figure out all those different yarn over techniques....didn't realize there were so many.....keep kniting and tinking, knitting and tinking.....
The pattern is shown to the left--its called Large Lattice Lace. We shall see how it and my scarf compares.....Its about the right width. Using size 15 US (10mm) bamboo needles. Using two yarns together--both are 'bout sport wieght yarns. Really when I do scarfs--I just cast on enough stitches til it looks like it will be wide enough and use what ever size needles are easy for me to knit with and give a nice pattern.....And I have no issue of frogging the thing until I have the right width and the right needles--this time I lucked out.....Although on this one I may be frogging anyway cause know I figured out what the pattern is telling me I would like to do the beginning of the pattern correctly. But I have plenty of time coming up. I leave for Vegas this afternoon and will arrive in the evening but my flight is in the morning. Yep just frogged it....It will bother me that two of the first rows were not correct....

No comments:

Goldstone

Goldstone
Picture of the environment I worked at for my last job (that is a NASA satellite in the background)